IN THIS ARTICLE
Access Group Permission Categories Overview
When you navigate to the Access Groups tab in Admin Mode, you have access to the following three default Access Groups with predetermined permissions:
- System Administrators
- School Support
- Instructional Leaders
You also have access to create Custom Access Groups where you can pick and choose the permissions that provide the desired access for the various staff roles and needs within your organization. There are two categories of permissions:
- Assignment & Data Management
- Roster Management
To help you determine which permissions you may want, each of the permission categories is explained below.
Assignment & Data Management Category
The permissions contained in the Assignment & Data Management permission category include the following:
2. Access to create and manage district or school-wide performance bands.
3. Access to create and manage custom standards.
4. The ability to access school-wide data and reports via School Reporting Mode.
5. Access to view data and administer assignments for all students at associated schools. We refer to this permission as the Student Data Visibility Permission.
Take a look at this support article with Example Use-Cases for Custom Access Groups.
Roster Management Category
The permissions contained in the Roster Management permission category are typically reserved for system administrators who manage the Gradient subscription as well as the rosters for the school(s). The Roster Management permission category includes the following:
1. The ability to create and manage Student Demographic information.
3. Access to create and manage all roster data, including classes, students, and staff per school.
4. The ability to launch a HelpDesk Session and access another staff member's account as if you were logging in as them.Example Use-Cases for Custom Access Groups.