IN THIS ARTICLE
Within Access Groups, you have the option to create customized access groups that allow specific permissions to be enabled for staff. Access Groups are managed by system administrators with Admin Mode access.
Create a Custom Access Group
To create a custom Access Group, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Admin Mode, click on the Access Groups tab, and then click the blue +New Access Group button on the right.
- Type in the name of the new custom Access Group and an optional description if you like. Click Save.
- Click on the title of the new custom Access Group to apply the desired permissions.
- Click on the Permissions tab from within your new custom Access Group. There are two categories for permissions:
- Assignment & Data Management
- Roster Management
Select the applicable permissions by clicking the checkbox to the left of the permission. All selections auto-save.
Add Members to a Custom Access Group
Once you create a custom Access Group, you can proceed with adding the staff members.
- From within the new custom Access Group, click on the Members tab and then click the +Add Members button to add staff members.
- Type in the name of the staff member you wish to add and click the check box next to their name to add them. You may select staff members individually or select the Select All Users checkbox option. Once your staff selections are complete, click Save.
Edit a Custom Access Group
You may edit permissions and members for a custom access group at any time.
- From within Admin Mode, select the Access Groups tab and click on the title of the custom Access Group you wish to edit.
- If you need to edit the permissions, click on the Permissions tab from within the Access Group. Simply check or uncheck permissions to make the desired changes. Changes auto-save according to your selections.
- If you need to edit staff members in the group, click on the Members tab from within the Access Group. Either click the blue +Add Members button to add staff members to the group, or click the person icon on the right with the minus (-) to remove a staff member from the group.
- When removing a staff member, you'll receive a confirmation pop-up. Click Remove to complete the action.
- You also have the option to Clone a Custom Access Group. From the main Access Groups page, scroll down to view the Custom Access Groups and click the double paper icon to clone an existing group.
Delete a Custom Access Group
If you need to delete a custom Access Group, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Admin Mode and click on the Access Groups tab.
- Scroll down and click the trash icon to the right of the custom Access Group you wish to delete.
- Confirm that you wish to delete the custom access group by clicking the Delete button.
See the example Custom Access Groups in our support article, Example Use-Cases for Custom Access Groups.