IN THIS ARTICLE
Teacher Groups allow educators to quickly share assignments to all users within a group at once. Teachers in the group can then administer the assignment to any of their classes. Sharing permissions are set for the whole group at the time the assignment is shared. If staff are looking to view anonymized reporting data, we recommend exploring PLC Groups.
Create a Teacher Group
Create a teacher group to share assignments to teachers associated to the group.
1. Within Admin Mode, select the More tab from the Admin home page and then select Teacher Groups from the list.
2. Select the blue New button on the right to create a New Teacher Group.
3. Enter a Teacher Group Name, Description (Optional), and select a School from the list. Click Save.
4. Once the Teacher Group is created, add Teachers to the group by clicking on the name of the Teacher Group and clicking the blue Manage button on the right.
5. Use the filters on the left to locate staff. Add teachers to the group by clicking the checkbox to the left of their name. Once all teachers have been selected, click Save.
NOTE: If the School field is set to District and not a specific school, you have the option to select any school within the district from the drop-down menu.
Edit a Teacher Group
The Teacher Group name and optional Description may be edited at any time. The School affiliation may not be edited once the group has been created. If you wish to change the School affiliation, follow the steps for deleting a Teacher Group below and re-create it with the desired school affiliation.
1. Click the checkbox to the left of the Teacher Group name you wish to edit. Click the Edit icon from the toolbar on the right.
2. Make the desired changes to the name or description and click Save.
Manage a Teacher Group
Once a Teacher Group has been created, teachers may be added or removed from the group at any time as needed.
NOTE: If assignments are shared to the group prior to adding or removing selected staff in the group, the sharing permissions used for the group for the assignments will automatically be associated to the newly added teachers. Staff with permission to School Reporting Mode have access to view all student data for the assignment.
1. Click on the name of the Teacher Group to access the blue Manage button.
2. Check or uncheck the boxes to the left of the Teacher names to add or remove them from the group. Once selections have been made, click Save.
Delete a Teacher Group
Deleting a Teacher Group will remove all sharing permissions from members for any assignment shared with the group. The owner of the assignment may still access the data in Reports. Staff with access to School Reporting Mode will continue to have access to the student data for the assignment.
1. Click the checkbox to the left of the Teacher Group name.
2. Select Delete from the toolbar on the right and confirm that you wish to delete the group.
NOTE: A Teacher Group cannot be undeleted. The Teacher Group would need to be re-created and assignments shared back to the group if accidentally deleted.