IN THIS ARTICLE
Access School Reporting Mode
After logging in to your Gradient account, from the Account Menu in the upper right corner, select School Reporting Mode
All assignments for your associated schools will be accessible in a list view by default. Assignments can be found by:
1. using the assignment name search
2. sorting by the column headers
Select a specific assignment to review the data for that assignment. Use the left sidebar navigation to access different report categories  and specific reports .
After selecting a report, such as Classes - By Question, use the Configure icon from the toolbar to change the way the report displays data. Learn more about Configure options here.
To learn more about using Gradient Reports, take a look at these support articles:
Using Performance Bands
Performance bands are a way to change the way student performance data is categorized in reporting. Select the band from the options available above the report under the report title.
While viewing a report, such as the Teacher by Standard report, use the Configure icon to display the report data to show the Percent with the Performance Band or the Performance Band Abbreviation.
Drill-In to Focus Your Analysis
When reviewing data, leaders may wish to drill-in or filter out a specific set of data (multiple classes, multiple teachers, or multiple students).
While reviewing the data reports for a specific assignment, such as the Teacher By Question report, select the name of a specific teacher. This will filter the data to only display the student response data connected to the selected teacher. Navigating to additional reports will only show the data for the select filter.
Continue to drill in further by selecting another filter option. To remove a specific filter, click the X next to the filters shown above the report.
Compare Multiple Assessments
Selecting multiple assessments, then drilling into the data allows you to compare learning data, such as pre-and post-assessments for a unit.
From the Assignment Overview list, check the box next to two or more assignments. Then select Drill-In from the toolbar.
The selected assignments will appear as a filter in the top left corner of the screen. Reports will reflect the filtered view of data. For example, choosing the Assignment(s) - Longitudinal report will show the trend of overall performance on the selected assignments.
To learn more about the specific standards assessed on the selected assignments, select the Assignment(s) - By Standard to learn about overall performance for skills across assignments. Or continue to pick additional report categories for schools, teachers, classes, or students to get more granular.
Any report can be exported (CSV or Excel) to be used outside of Gradient or to be imported into another program.
- Use the Configure button to adjust options for downloaded reports, and then click the Download icon from the toolbar on the right.
- Excel downloads will display better for presenting to instructional teams with helpful formatting and coloring based on the chosen performance band.
- CSV files are best for importing into other programs.
- Encourage the teachers or staff in charge of assessment creation to use a naming convention when titling the assignment. This helps with searching for common assessments or unit tests within School Reporting Mode.
- Course Name, Grade Level, and School are all common labels to add to the assignment name.
- If data is being analyzed for big-picture impact or across assignments, consider aligning questions to strands or clusters in addition to discreet standards.
- If an assignment is not visible as expected within School Reporting Mode, check with the assignment author to ensure the assignment has not been marked Private in the assignment details window.
- Use the Data Conversations Guides to support collaborative conversations while reviewing data reports.