IN THIS ARTICLE
|1. Reports Overview
Reports can be viewed by selecting a specific assignment and selecting the Reports tab. A user can select View Reports from the home screen or the sidebar navigation and then select any assignment that has been shared with them or that they have authored.
The default landing page for reports is the Score Graph. From this report, a staff member can get a general idea of performance on the assignment(s) and basic statistics on the group of students they have access to. All reports within Gradient are filtered to display data based on current terms and rostering access of the staff member viewing the report.
In the top right corner of the report, the default filters are set to show data for the following:
- Student Progress = Turned In
- Class = My Classes (as designated by the rostering source)
- Term = Current Terms (based on dates for terms from the rostering source)
If data does not appear as expected, adjust the filters accordingly or check how the assignment was shared by the author.
NOTE: If you are part of a PLC Group, be sure to update the Class Filter on the Reports page from My classes to All classes so that you can view the student data for your class(es) as well as the anonymized data for the other classes in the PLC Group.
Use the sidebar navigation to expand the Reports menus and view available reports and custom demographic information (if available).
All reports can be viewed as a list view for Students, Classes, Teachers, and Schools with:
Each report selected will have performance band and configure options that can change the view or printed output of the report. The most popular configure settings are for:
Item Analysis - configure to "Hide student names and scores" so that the data can be displayed or shared with the class without revealing student information.
Students Exam Report - configure to "Only show questions with less than max points" to shorten the reports sent home.
Training Resources for Data Analysis
There are many training resources available to staff interested in learning more about Gradient reports:
- Download PDF Coaching Guides that provide recommended questions and use cases for popular reports
- Visit the Gradient 101 sessions for on-demand recordings (all under 15 minutes) to review in a PLC or meeting
- Visit the Smart Sessions for Leaders to get trainers or instructional leaders up to speed
- If you are part of a School or District subscription, ask your Gradient Leader to reach out to inquire about purchasing PD for your staff!