IN THIS ARTICLE
- Examples of custom fields: Gender, Race, ELL, Ethnicity, Free/Reduced, etc. These fields will be populated when importing rosters or by a Clever / ClassLink roster sync.
Create a Custom Field
- Within Admin Mode, select the More tab and then select Custom Fields from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the New button.
3. Enter a Custom Field Name, and click SAVE.
Edit a Custom Field
1. Check the box to the left of the custom field you wish to edit.
2. Select the Edit icon from the toolbar.
3. Make changes to the custom field name and click SAVE.
NOTE: Any demographic fields from a Clever or ClassLink sync cannot be edited within Gradient.
Delete a Custom Field
Once a custom field is deleted, the association with any student will be removed.
- Check the box to the left of the custom field name. Select the Delete icon from the toolbar.
NOTE: A deleted custom field cannot be undeleted.
View Custom Fields
Imported Custom Fields will reflect on the student records in Admin Mode.
You may run reports on specific Custom Fields from Teacher Mode or School Reporting Mode.
For Clever and ClassLink districts, custom fields (demographic data) are already mapped in the synced roster file. If additional fields are needed, use the steps above to create and import the custom fields using the Import Students File.
To add custom fields to student records in Gradient:
- Use the Combined Import File if this is the first import of the year.
- Use the Import Students File if a Combined Import has already been run and you are adding custom fields to student data in Gradient.