New Performance Visualization Available on Overview Reports
The Overview reports for Classes, Teachers or Schools, will display overall student performance (based on assignment sharing) grouped by performance band. Learn more about Gradient Reports or get resources for training, with our Overview of Reports article.
This can help users:
- Quickly visualize data across their own classes
- Compare sections with PLC groups
Imports Log Improvements
- All imports will be displayed in the Imports list, including Completed, Incomplete, and Failed. (A new filter has been added to the filter based on these statuses.)
- Completed - The file was fully imported
- Incomplete - The file was uploaded; columns may or may not have been mapped
- If the user gets to the Preview Import modal, then a Report will be displayed when clicking the row in the Import log
- Failed - The file was not imported due to an error in Gradient. To learn more about how an import file should be formatted, read our article for how to Create an Import File.
- The Summary column on the Imports list will display a sum of all additions, updates, and errors for any completed imports
- Users can download the file that was uploaded by clicking the file name in the Import Details modal
Co-Teachers from ClassLink and Clever
The ClassLink or Clever sync has been updated to automatically bring in co-teachers (this is any teacher beyond the Primary Teacher). This will eliminate the extra work of creating Class Groups for Gradient Leaders using this option available within ClassLink and Clever.
Within Gradient, classes with a co-teacher will be noted with a multiple users icon on the CLASSES tab in Admin mode (as shown below):
When hovering, additional teachers will be listed.
Co-teachers will have the same level of data visibility for students in their classes as the primary teacher of record. Assignments will still need to be shared with co-teachers in the same manner that assignments are currently shared between teachers. Learn more about assignment sharing here.
Changes to Term Dates within Academic Years
All term dates must now fall within the Academic Year they are in. This will prevent some errors with rostering that districts have experienced in the past. To learn about typical issues reported when terms dates are not used as recommended (missing classes, missing data, duplicated classes), read more here.
A one-time migration will be run to update any terms without dates or terms with dates that fall outside of the academic year they are in:
- For districts with no term dates, the term dates will be set to automatically coincide with the dates of the academic year.
- For any districts that have term dates that fall outside of the academic year, the terms will be updated to fall within the academic year.
Updates to roster syncing or creating terms in Admin mode:
- For schools/districts who sync with Clever and ClassLink:
- No term dates - term dates will be automatically created during the sync process to align with the academic year in Gradient
- Term dates that fall outside of the academic year - the terms will not be synced. Gradient Leaders can edit terms dates.
- For schools/districts who roster using manual uploads/SFTP/curl script:
- Terms must be created with start and end dates prior to starting imports in Admin mode
- If terms are referenced in the import that do not currently exist, errors will be displayed in the Import dialog
- Creating a new term in Admin mode will require a name and start/end dates