IN THIS ARTICLE
When districts or schools do not have the option to use an automated nightly roster sync method, system admins have the option to create a Combined Import File. To keep Gradient up-to-date throughout the year, the admin will need to:
- Communicate to staff the process to follow to request roster updates (for staff access, class changes, and student changes).
- Communicate to staff the turnaround time for these roster update requests.
- Determine who has permission to which Access Groups to make these updates.
- Determine how to make the updates (1) via Admin Mode manually or (2) in mass via a new Combined Import File.
Before completing a Combined Import, make sure to:
- Verify or start your Academic Year
- Add or edit Term dates
- NOTE: The Term Unique ID set in Gradient will be used to populate the Term_ID column in the file.
- Verify or add your School ID
- NOTE: The School Unique ID set in Gradient will be used to populate the School_ID column in the file.
- Create your Combined Import File
Run Combined Import
|1. To import the file, enter Admin Mode, select the Account Menu, and choose Combined Import.
2. Select or drag the Combined Import File (formatted .csv, .xls, or .xlsx) to start the Combined Import process. The file must have all required columns in order with the column headers.
3. Verify that the changes shown are correct (and resolve any errors in the file) before clicking the Next button.
4. On the last step of the Combined Import, verify that you are ready to complete the Combined Import by clicking Run Import.
NOTE: A Combined Import can also be run from Admin Mode > More tab drop-down menu > Imports > New button > Combined Import.
Once the Combined Import has been successfully completed, the System Admin should review Admin Mode to verify a few teacher and student schedules as well as coordinate with whoever is training and leading the implementation to:
- Direct staff to log in with the preferred Single-Sign-On (SS0) method connected to the email used in the roster import (no invite needed).
- Send Staff Invites to Log in (if no SSO method is used).
- Communicate any new processes or training information for using Gradient (sample email here).
- Plan ahead for PLC access (determine who needs to see data beyond their own class rosters).
- Think about Training Options.