IN THIS ARTICLE
The Staff tab opens to a list view of staff members that are connected to current rostered classes (showing teachers by default). This article describes how to:
- View all staff or inactive staff by using the filters on the left.
- Use the checkbox before a staff member’s name to edit information, add school associations, send invites, or HelpDesk into their account.
- Select a staff member to view their classes by term connected via synced, imported, or manually created classes.
Views and Filters
Select the Role filter on the left to view All Active Staff (all staff despite rosters or school affiliations), Teachers (staff with rostered classes only), Not Teachers (staff with no rostered classes), and Inactive staff (who are no longer being sent the synced rosters or were manually deactivated).
- When navigating to the Staff tab, the default view is the Teachers role. In Gradient, a Teacher is defined as a staff member with rostered classes. If you are expecting to see a teacher who is not listed, it is possible they don't have a rostered class yet. Select the Role filter on the left to view All Active Staff.
- To narrow the list down prior to filtering, use the Schools tab to first select a school and then return to the Staff tab filters or search.
- Use the Search field to find a specific staff member. Remember to change the filters on the left side to make sure you're searching the list you expect.
- Information for staff members can be downloaded or printed by choosing either option in the toolbar.
- To find usage information for staff, try the Assignment Usage & Responses Report.
- To find assignment data for staff, use School Reporting Mode.
Column headers label the data in each column.
- Name: Clicking on the column header will sort the list.
- ID: Staff IDs are typically populated from a nightly sync via Clever / ClassLink or a combined import. Making any edits to staff information for synced data, may have unintended results and create duplicates (contact email@example.com before editing synced data for Staff).
- Email: The email associated with the staff member account will be listed.
- School: The associated school will be listed. If No Schools is listed the staff member will not be able to log in until they are associated with a school.
- Access Group: If a staff member has been added to an Access Group, the name of the affiliated group or groups will be shown.
- Status: The status Accepted or Invited will show based on whether the invitation email has been accepted or not. If the column is empty, the invitation email has not been sent or has expired.
- Logins: The count shown is not impacted by the filters and represents the total count of logins ever for the staff member.
- Last Login: The date shown will be when the staff member has last logged into Gradient.
Manage Staff Access
Additional resources that may be helpful for managing staff include: