IN THIS ARTICLE
If you are switching your rostering method, we highly recommend that you wait until the end of the academic year. If that's not possible, wait until the end of a term when grades are finalized.
- Introducing a new roster method import mid-year could result in duplicate roster data making Gradient nearly impossible to use for staff.
- A mid-year roster change could cause the original imported staff, classes, and students to show along with the newly imported rosters. Teachers who are trying to print forms for classes, scan student responses, assign online access, and transfer grades for classes would see duplicates of everything and be unable to distinguish which ones to use.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional guidance a couple of weeks prior to a desired change in rostering methods or read on below.
Roster Data Prerequisites
Before making a switch to any new rostering method, verify that the data stored in Gradient matches the data that would be coming from your new source. Here are some places within Gradient to check:
Navigate to Admin Mode and click on the Staff tab to verify that Staff ID and Email are in the same format for both rostering methods. Mismatches will cause duplicates and loss of access to data.
Navigate to Admin Mode and click on the Students tab to verify that Student ID is in the same format for both rostering methods. Mismatches will cause duplicates and loss of access to data.
Switching from Clever to ClassLink
Confirm staff emails (and IDs) and student IDs in Gradient from Clever match the staff emails and IDs mapped for the new ClassLink rosters. Additional steps to switch include:
Switching from ClassLink to Clever
Confirm staff emails (and IDs) and student IDs in Gradient from ClassLink match the staff emails and IDs mapped for the new Clever rosters. Additional steps to switch include:
Moving from a Sync Method to Manual Rostering
Confirm the staff emails (and IDs) and student IDs previously used in ClassLink or Clever match in your manually created file import, then follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the ClassLink or Clever sync.
- Email email@example.com to let us know that the sync can be disconnected on our end as well.
- The GradeCam Support team will create a Tier 2 ticket request to allow editing of previously synced data which may take 24-48 hours to process before any manual rostering changes or updates can be made.
- Once you receive confirmation that synced rostering data has been disconnected, a Gradient Leader can complete the steps for a combined import.
Re-launching Gradient with Staff
- Gradient Leaders can review the Gradient Leader Welcome Resources and Support at Every Stage presentation to determine how much support is needed from Gradient for a re-launch
- When ready, a Gradient Leader can use the Send Login Invite feature within Gradient to give staff access or re-purpose the BTS email template to explain the new login method
- For training, Gradient leaders can use the Teacher Welcome Resources or reach out to inquire about purchasing PD for your staff