IN THIS ARTICLE
Class Display Names give administrators an easy way to manage the naming of classes that appear in Gradient. Class Display Names are optional and provide a more readable alternative to the original class name. They are used throughout the product, including teacher accounts, printed forms, and the student portal. An asterisk denotes a class with a Display Name, and hovering over it reveals the original name.
Ignore Class Display Names Toggle Restriction
If your rosters are being automatically synced nightly into Gradient, be sure to navigate to Admin Mode > Settings > Imports to toggle on the setting for Ignore Class Display Names. This will allow you to update Class Display Names manually or via a one-time import without the nightly sync overriding the manual inputs.
If you ever need to wipe out all Class Display Names and re-do them, simply navigate to Admin Mode > Settings > Imports and disable the setting for Ignore Class Display Names to let the automated nighly sync override them, or re-run a manual import.
Add a Class Display Name Manually
- From within Admin Mode, select the Classes tab.
- Check the box before a class name to reveal the Edit icon on the right in the toolbar. Select Edit.
- Add the optional Class Display Name information and click Save.
Import Class Display Names
- Prepare your Import Class Display Names File. The required fields include:
From Admin Mode, select the Classes tab.
Choose the New button.
Select Import Class Display Names from the drop-down menu.
- Drag & drop your file to the import window.
- Click Next, review the Pending Changes and Errors, click Next again, and click Run Import.