IN THIS ARTICLE
|Using Advanced Number grids, allows the assignment author to create column configurations for custom gridable layouts to match what a student might see on the state or other standardized tests. For example, if the standardized test includes 3 columns of numbers, followed by a decimal and 2 more columns of numbers, you can configure the advanced number grid to match that format.
Create Advanced Number Grid Question
Start with a Multiple-Question Assignment and then edit questions to use the Number Grid question type for your key.
1. From the Keys tab, select the question to open the question editor window (or check the box next to the question to Edit via the toolbar).
2. Adjust the question type to Number Grid. A Form Preview will display at the bottom of the Question Editor window as you make your selections.
3. For the column configuration, select Advanced.
4. Customize the characters per column. Use Add Column to add more columns.
5. Check the Column Preview image to ensure everything is formatted correctly.
6. Select Back to return to the question editor.
7. Complete additional question edits, then Save and Close. Use Next and Previous to navigate to other questions to edit as needed.
Texas STAAR Advanced Number Grids
For access to pre-made STAAR custom number grids, state standards must be set to TX.
1. After adjusting the question to Advanced Number Grid, in the custom grid window, select Custom Configuration.
2. Locate and select the desired STAAR grid set up.
3. Complete additional adjustments, then navigate Back and Save and Close.