IN THIS ARTICLE
Change Scanning Settings
Adjust the camera settings for your hardware to work within Gradient.
- Log in to Gradient.
- Click on your initials (top right corner) to open the Account Menu.
- Choose Settings.
Select Scanning from the settings window:
- Select a camera from the Select Camera drop-down menu.
- Adjust the Camera Orientation from the drop-down menu if scans do not appear right side up.
Other Camera Options
Use the toggle switch options to enable any of the camera options listed below:
- Camera is facing me
- Pause camera by default
- Verify questions that are blank or have extra answers bubbled.
File Scanning Mode
There are three file scanning modes:
- Normal - The standard approach to scanning files uploaded to Gradient.
- Comprehensive - A more thorough review of the form. This may reduce the need for manual validation but it will take longer. Typically needed if uploading forms from a document scanner.
- Fast - Quickest scanning time but not as thorough scanning. Not suitable for longer forms that use varied question types, such as number grids.
For more information, try our article for uploading files to scan.
Review your browser, network, and computer settings to ensure your camera is not being blocked in any way.
1. Browser Settings
Please take a minute to check the camera settings on your browser.
Do you have a video icon in the upper right of the browser bar that has an X on it that could be blocking the camera from connecting? There may be a pop-up that asks you to allow your camera to run or the plugin to run always.
2. Computer Settings
Please take a minute to check the camera settings on your computer.
Sometimes there are network updates or device security settings that get run for the organization that may cause certain websites to be blocked.
|Please contact your IT department and make sure that anything with '*@gradecam.com' is whitelisted on the network.
4. Other Areas to Consider