IN THIS ARTICLE
Gradient by GradeCam displays classes, assignments, and students for teacher use by Term. Term Name is a required field (along with Term Start and Term End dates) to determine what shows as current for staff each academic year. There are different requirements depending on your SIS, so here are some general guidelines:
Clever-Managed Auto Syncs
For Aeries, Infinite Campus API, PowerSchool, Skyward API, and Skyward Auto Syncs, Clever pulls the required term fields by default. If the default term field Clever is using isn’t the best for your district, you can set up a custom mapping by following the instructions in this Help Center article: How do I customize my auto-sync?
- For Infinite Campus Auto Sync, Clever does not pull the required term fields by default.
- Reach out to Clever Support if you need any help with the tasks above.
SIS-Managed Auto Syncs
Please reach out to your SIS vendor and let them know that you would like to have Term Name, Term Start, and Term End dates added to your sync.
- A full list of Clever-managed and SIS-managed auto syncs can be found here: Which SISs support an auto sync?
District-Managed SFTP to Clever
Your district will need to add the Term_name, Term_start, and Term_end fields to your Sections CSV file.
- You can use this Help Center article to help you format your file: SFTP: How do I format my CSV files?
Once districts have enabled Clever data sharing with GradeCam, the GradeCam Team will link Clever to Gradient and inform the Gradient Leaders (listed in the contact survey) about the update.
- Reference the Clever-GradeCam-Setup-Guide for additional details.
- New Gradient Leaders will need to complete a System Admin training to learn how to review the Clever synced data, adjust term dates if needed, grant access to staff that are not being synced, and start the academic year (to roll over each year).
- Additional tips for managing rosters within Gradient may be found here.