IN THIS ARTICLE
From the Responses tab within an Assignment, a teacher can view or edit a student's response.
View Student Responses
From the Responses tab, there are a few options to note for viewing student responses below:
- Under the scanning window on the left are FILTERS that determine what the page displays. Adjust the FILTERS to change the default view that is set to Current Terms and All My Classes.
NOTE: Assignment data is tied to the term in which it was administered. Updating the Term Filter from Current Terms to All Terms allows you to view, for example, Semester 1 student responses when the term has passed.
- There is also a Show Details toggle in the toolbar on the right that expands the default display.
To view a specific student's scanned or online response, select the student's name. The student's responses will appear in the edit window on the right.
NOTE: Incorrect answers show a red X on the left and the correct answer on the right.
Edit Student Responses
If there is a need to edit a response (for a mis-bubbling error or erase mark that was counted as an incorrect response), a teacher can update student responses following the directions below:
- After selecting a student's name from the Responses tab, a teacher can edit a student's response by selecting the correct bubbled answer or de-selecting a mis-bubbled answer.
- Choose Save and Close before moving on.
- To grade other question types, see Rubric Questions or Score By Question
- While reviewing student responses, some teachers discover an answer key error that they'd like to correct. If this happens, take a look at the options for editing a question here. An edit made to a key will rescore all scanned or online submissions as well as update reports and the portal.