Use Student Portal Preview to see how an online assignment will appear for students. Staff will be able to view the assignment setup with questions and attachments, as well as the submitted screen after the assignment has been turned in.
Teachers may view online assignments and preview the assignment from the student's perspective in Student Portal.
To access the preview for an Online Assignment, follow these steps:
- From the home page, click the Assignments icon from the left sidebar menu, or choose the View Assignments tile.
2. Click on the title of your Online Assignment to open it and click the Student Portal icon from the toolbar.
3. If you have not yet set up Online Access, review the steps in this article: Create Online Access
4. Click the checkbox to the left of the class you've set up for Online Access. Select the eye icon to preview the assignment as a student. The Preview window will open in a separate tab or window.
5. Start Assignment and navigate around to review any restrictions or tools that have been enabled for the assignment. Answer assignment questions.
6. Turn In the assignment to see how responses are displayed for the student based on the settings provided.
NOTE: Answers submitted in Preview are not recorded in the Responses tab.
7. Close the Preview window and adjust settings as needed.