Assignment sharing allows an assignment author to grant varying levels of access to an assignment for the purpose of delivering the assignment, viewing student performance data for the assignment, or both. By default, any Gradient staff member associated to a school can share only with staff members associated to the same school(s).
Note: Assignment sharing is a feature that is part of a Gradient for Schools & Districts subscription. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade your subscription for this feature.
To learn more about how sharing options impact printing forms, setting up online access, and viewing data, try our Quick Start Guide for Sharing or read on below.
Within Gradient, a Teacher is defined as a staff member with assigned classes/sections. As a result, the assignment sharing options listed below will work for most Teachers (and Co-Teachers) who want to access an assignment for the purpose of scanning, setting up online access, and/or viewing student performance data.
If a staff member does not have classes or students rostered to them in Gradient (principals, coaches, special education teachers), skip down to the other sharing sections for ideas about how to provide these staff members access to assignments or assignment reports.
1. From within an assignment, navigate to the top left drop down menu next to the assignment name, choose Share Assignment
2. Using the Share with field, enter the name of the staff member, at your associated school(s), that you want to share with. Next, choose the level of sharing that is needed..
Can administer and view class results: Teacher(s) can administer the assignment and view results only for their own classes.
View results: Teacher(s) can view results from this assignment for all students in their school(s).
Can administer and view school results: Teacher(s) can administer the assignment and view all results from their school(s).
Joint owner: Teacher(s) have the same access as the original author of the assignment including edit rights and sharing.
Note: Joint Owner access may be required for staff that need the ability to print forms or assign online access if they are not already setup as Teachers or Co-Teachers (see Co-teacher section below for more information).
Gradient Leaders can create Teacher Groups to save teachers the time of entering all the individual names of their team members. Teacher Groups can also allow teachers across schools to share with one another without needing to be granted an association to a new school.
1. To share to a teacher group, first a Gradient Leader needs to create the Teacher Group.
2. After the Teacher Group has been created, in the Share with field, type "teacher" or the group name to see a list of available teacher group(s).
3. Select the permission to provide the needed access (same options available as Teacher sharing listed above).
Co-Teachers may appear differently in Gradient depending on the rostering source.
Using Clever/ClassLink: Co-teachers coming into Gradient from a synced source (Clever/Classlink), will appear as "teachers" that can be shared to using the first assignment sharing option listed at the top of this article, no special steps or class groups needed.
Manual Rostering: Co-teachers who are manually added to a class within Gradient after an import will appear as "teachers" that can be shared to using the first assignment sharing option listed at the top of this article, no special steps or class groups needed.
Staff NOT added as Co-Teacher: Staff that have not been synced as co-teachers or manually added to classes as co-teachers within Gradient, will need to access assignments via Class Groups as described below.
Using Class Groups should be fairly rare or unnecessary as the option to add co-teachers to a class within Gradient manually or via a sync was introduced in the Winter 2022.
1. To share to a class group, first a Gradient Leader would need to create the Class Group.
2. After the class group has been created, in the Share with field, type "class" or the group name to find a list of class group(s).
3. Select the permission that gives your team member(s) the access they need (Limited Scanning is the most used option).
Reminder: Type the name of the staff member individually and share the assignment to the staff member with Joint Owner access as described above.