Open Response Capture questions provide a customized area for the student to respond.
Start with a Multiple-Question Assignment and then edit questions to use the Open Response Capture question type on your answer key.
1. From the Keys tab, select the question to open the question editor window (or check the box next to the question to Edit via the toolbar).
2. Adjust the question type to Open Response Capture.
3. Select a scoring method, Using a Rubric Scale or By Assigning Specific Points.
4. Use the Question header for any specific instructions on form or online question area if needed.
Note: There is a 500 character limit on question headers.
5. Adjust the Capture Area.
6. After adjusting scoring method and capture area, Save and Close.
Use Next and Previous to navigate to other questions to edit as needed.
When using a rubric scale for scoring, a scale of 0-9 is set and may use a multiplier. When using the rubric scale, after collecting responses, teachers will score by selecting the bubble to assign a score for the student's response.
1. After selecting Using a Rubric Scale, set the scale to be used (0-9).
2. Optional: Adjust the multiplier. For example, if scale is 01234 and the multiplier is 0.5. If 3 is selected a score of 1.5 will be assigned.
When using specific points, a max score is set. When entering points after collecting responses, teachers may type in a value, including partial points, such as 3.5 points, or points above the max value (calculated as extra credit beyond the assigned max value).
1. After selecting Assigning Specific Points, set the max score.
Note: In Student Portal, the answers will be typed in the textbox area. An unlimited number of characters are allowed.
1. Set the size for the capture area. Select a number of rows (up to 10), Fill the Current Page, or Full Page (paper form only).
Note: Be sure to adjust Form Settings to allow for full page printing.
2. Adjust the background options for the capture area: None, Lines, Grid, or Compact Grid (paper form only).