File Scanning in Gradient can be done when using any scanner that can send a file with greyscale images (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF or PDF) of the student forms. The file is then dragged or uploaded into the assignment response window.
Drag & Drop Scanned Files Method
From your home page select the "View Assignments" tile or use the sidebar navigation to choose "Assignments".
Select the assignment name for which you want to scan the forms. Note: Selecting the assignment name takes you directly to the "Scans" tab.
Arrange the windows on your computer so you can easily drag the file and drop it in the location highlighted in the image below.Note: A message will appear to drop the file within an area indicated by a blue dashed border.
Upload Button Method
Method 1: Select the Upload button from the Response window.
Method 2: Select the "Scan" button from the toolbar and click the "Upload" button.
Either drag the file(s) into the area or choose the "select files from your computer" option and navigate to the file(s).
Select the "Done" button.
Best Practices for File Scanning
- Print forms single-sided
- Recommended: Print forms using pre-filled forms with class and student names to prevent mistakes for students bubbling in their IDs.
- Print forms on a high-quality printer.
Student Responses on Forms
- Instruct students to clearly bubble their answers (writing an x is not sufficient), to write only in in the designated areas areas of the form (outside marks, doodling, and notes can cause scanning errors), and to erase completely when necessary.
- Every scanner has unique settings that vary. Greyscale for scanning is what is recommended.
- Refer to your scanners resources for setting adjustments.
- Try trial file scan with your forms and scanner before using with students.
Adjust Gradient Settings
- From your Account Profile (top right corner of Gradient), select Setting, then ‘Camera’.
- Change the 'File Scanning mode' to 'Comprehensive', which slows down the scanning time, but may increase accuracy.