The “Drill In” feature allows users to filter out extraneous data to focus on comparing desired data points.
Note: This option is not available on free or paid single-teacher accounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade to a school or district license.
Access School Reporting mode to compare data within a specific category on various reports
1.1 Expand the desired report's "Category" by clicking on the triangle.
1.2 Select a "Report" from the expanded menu.
1.3 Select one or more items for comparison by placing a check in the box next to each item.
1.4 Select the "Drill Into" button.
1.5 Extraneous data around the chosen items is removed from view.
1.6 Make note of the drop-down menu that shows what has been filtered using the Drill Into option.
Access School Reporting mode to select a specific filter group and examine data for that group
2.1 After specific reports have been selected to "drill into", filters can be selected to view data at a more granular level. (Notice the 2 assignments showing selected in the upper left.)
2.2 Expand the report's "Category" to locate the filter you want to apply.
2.3 Select the "Filter" from the expanded menu.
2.4 Select one or more items for comparison by placing a check in the box next to each item.
2.5 Select the "Drill Into" button.
2.6 Extraneous data around the chosen items is removed from view.
2.7 Make note of the additional filters that were added.
2.8 Select any "Report" from from an expanded Category menu.
2.9 The data displayed for the selected report only shows data for the filtered items.
3.1 Student Performance:
1. Use the "Student Overview" report to locate a group of students (i.e. low performing, special ed, early warning).
2. "Drill In" and look at the Students Lowest Standards report to see the three lowest standards for the group.
3.2 Class Performance:
1. Use the "Classes Overview" report to locate a set of classes (i.e. grade level or subject area).
2. "Drill In" and look at how the classes are performing on common district-wide assessments.
3.3 School Performance:
1. Use the "Schools Overview" report to locate a set of schools.
2. "Drill In" and look at how the schools are performing on various assessments.